Welcome to another one of my fitting lab extravaganza’s. First and foremost, this is NOT a cheap fit, however it is very effective. This fit is implant specific and one of the most efficient ways to fit a Cruor. While leaving your pocketbook a little light, it will be dropping kill-mails in the bank.
- Minmatar Frig (Per Level): 20% bonus to Stasis Webifier range (HUGGGGE for catching kiters, great for range control.)
- Amarr Frig (Per Level): 15% bonus to Energy Vampire and Energy Neutralizer drain amount (Dual Nos makes this boat neut like a madman without running out of cap.)
- Role Bonus: 100% bonus to Small Energy Turret damage (Whoa!)
- Energy Vampires fitted to this ship will drain targeted ship’s capacitor regardless of your own capacitor level (Drain baby drain. You will get full benefit from Nos’s without capping out yourself and keeping your opponent capped out.)
- Advanced Weapon Upgrades IV
- Mid-Grade Talisman Slot 1-5
- Speed 2900km/s C (4190 H)
- Cap Stable (MWD on Thanks to the A-type)
- Cap Stable (MWD on Dual Nos’s C , Dual Rep’s C)
- Cap Stable (MWD off, Dual Rep’s H, Dual Nos H)
- 252 Hp/s Rep C (291 Hp/s H, 349 Hp/s H Stand Exile)
- Range Control Web 28km C (36km H Web, GOTCHA!)
- 8.6km Nosferatu
- Low resist profile
- 125 DPS C (143 DPS H)
- Not good at 2-3v1
- Highly implant dependant
- Struggles against capless fits
- 400m pricetag
Why the Price Tag?
- Corpii C-Type Nos – 8.64km (B-types only fit with AVW 5 and EG-604+)
- Coreli A-Type 5mn – Best speed you can get , great for catching kiters, and only a 5% cap penalty which is unbelievably helpful for chasing.
- Caldari Navy Scram – that extra .75 range, Even though I would put on a longer range one
- Fed Navy Web – 28km cold range is unreal
- Corpii A-type Small Armor Reps – 300dps cap stable rep power, on a very weak tanked ship, this is a very good fix for its naturally poor resists.
- Imperial Navy Energized – This ship NEEDS as much resist help as you can give it.
- IFFA – CPU
- Rigs – Dual Nano Pump always better then One nano pump, one nanobot. Nanobot will almost always make a dual rep ship no longer cap stable, or rep capable under a single neut. Anti-Kin: Because If I haven’t said already, this ships resists suck.
How to Fly
Before I get into this section I want to add that T2 Fitting this will NOT work efficiently to properly fly the ship to its full potential in my honest opinion. There are places where you may save some ISK, such as T2 Energized adaptive, or a Fed Navy and T2 scram, Things like that but I find a lot of situations where that 1km scram distance meant everything.
Again I want to stress, the Cruor is very bad at taking 2 ships worth of DPS in almost any case, unless one of the ships is a support class or very low in DPS like an crucifier.
- In a Plex – Fast Kiters: sit behind the button, overheat MWD Scram and Web, as soon as he lands, burn into him, and do everything to keep your scram on him. With a 34km overheated Web you should have this one in the bag. Brawlers: Blasters you want to sit at 8km out of range of almost all of his dps, while using your Nos’s (That 8600 range now is pretty handy). Rails, Orbit at your optimal with multifreq and wait for your Nos’s to neut him out. Projectiles you have to take ship bonus into consideration, but your almost always best to sit at 8km again and just DPS him with scortch. Rockets, sit in your optimal and come out on top because of the really low DPS. Any neuts, immediately pull to 6500km + and try to stay in your multifreq falloff.
- Warping In a Plex – Fast Kiters: If its a Garmur or Worm I would never suggest warping in on them. Even if you catch a Worm it will still likely kill you. If its even a halfway decent fit Garmur you won’t get in web range. Brawlers: Land, Turn on H MWD, and Keep at range 8km and start to apply Nos pressure. Then assess your targets range capabilities and refer to above situations.
- Multiple Targets – Warping into a Plex: unless they are T1 frigs without any Tracking Disruptors you need to decide on your speed at killing one vs the overall DPS they can put out, likely you will not get enough range to split them up. In a Plex: Pull lots of range, around 150km or so, You may end up fighting not only 2 or 3, but an entire blob, and you need to spread as much space between each ship as you can. Use your cap stable MWD speed and long web to keep targets at bay. You have 2 targets moving in close together, Web one and take the other one on with Scortch and do as much damage to the one your allowing to get close to you before having to Nos, scram and switch your web to him.
While I like to adhere to the everyday pilot. Most of which would not drop 500mil on a Pirate Frigate, but I really have enjoyed destroying ships over the past few weeks with this ship. It is currently my favorite ship of the month. While I have yet to lose it, I really was looking forward to writing this article and speaking to my FW.com readers as well as Redditors. Please give this fit a try if you think this fit might match your style.